Reflection time as I think about my year with Instagram.
If you have never had the experience of Instagram I can tell you now that it is mighty additive and I often refer to it as a visual Twitter. It is a free app that lets you play with your iphone pics’s (Instagram will soon be available to other smart phones too) and is also interactive. At first I had no clue about that social part as all I wanted to do was be experimental with my pic’s on the iphone!!!
When I started to get notifications due to people liking my pic’s and commenting, that was it!! try to stop me!! For a bit longer than a year and I’m still enjoying my Instagram experience!!!
So let me reflect:
- I love how I can always grab an image that strikes me instead of saying to myself “If only I had the camera, that will make a great photo”
- I get inspired daily by beautiful pictures and creative thinkers
- I get to be creative
- I love the instant nature of Instagraming
- I use many of my pictures for posts and that makes me feel creative and happy 🙂
- I think that I may be repeating myself????
- It has become an artistic platform that encourages me to continue taking pictures of the world around me
- I don’t care if the photo’s diminish in quality due to the filters!!… perfection stifles creativity!!
- I love that perfection is taken out of the equation…for goodness sake!! must I burn that in more?????
So that is just a brief expression of how I have enjoyed my year on IG and I recommended it all the time 🙂